RBI’s KYC Norms Adversely Affect the Usage of Mobile WalletsMay 15, 2018
Globalizing Aadhaar is a Terrible IdeaMay 31, 2018
BJP’s Yeddyurappa is invited by Karnataka Government on Wednesday evening to form the government and given 15 days to prove majority in the House.
BJP has shown tremendous improvement in the Southern part of India which has always been out of the league for the party. So, what happened now that turned the game in Karnataka for BJP-
- BJP solved the problem of its faction as BS Yeddyurappa’s party back in its fold and the Bellary faction also reunited with the parent group. It gave BJP an extra 16.7% of the vote and extra 65 seats.
- The intensive campaign by PM Modi that galvanized the BJP cadre and gave the party a push in such a critical time.
- Since it has Hindu-Muslim polarization, BJP got 15.7% swing in votes in Karnataka.
- This religion-based polarization impacted the 24 seats where the Muslim voters are high in number. These 24 seats are mainly in towns and cities.
- Yogi Adityanath also joined the campaign which had helped the BJP among Hindu voters, especially the upper castes.
- The improvement of Vokkaliga support for the Janata Dal and away from the Congress reduced the Congress vote in the Vokkaliga areas of the South.
- Siddaramaiah’s decision to call for minority religion status for the Lingayat’s backfired, which further helped the BJP perform great in the 62 Ligayat
- Cash, as well as alcohol, hit a new height in the election. It is believed that BJP had spent 5 times higher than the Congress.
- The Muslim vote shifted away from the JD(S) mainly because of the allegations that the JDS has secretly allied with the BJP. So, we saw a dent in Muslim vote as well.
- Young Lingayat voters are a strong vote base for Modi.
0 visitors found that helpful.